Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Current Adventure

Sometimes adventures are planned out like a trip taking you through the mountain passes. Planning every place you will stop and stay for the night, or planning where you are going to stop and play. Carefully planning things out to be sure that it all goes smoothly.

Yet again, sometimes adventures take you by surprise. Like in the Pixar movie "UP", one of the kids, Ellie says loudly with a child-like boldness, "Adventure is OUT-THERE!" Finding adventure can simply be, being open to the possibilities that come your way. It is the kind of adventures that you are not even aware of until you are already heading down that road. These are the kind of adventures which I find the most fascinating!

Well, without me even being aware of what was happening, I seem to be involved in something bigger than I had ever imagined. For months now, I thought I was simply helping my best friend assemble boxes and sending them to the troops.

Now, without me completely being aware of it, I am apart of something that is so much bigger than I had ever anticipated.  My best friend and I are starting a non-profit! I am even getting a big title! And I need to have business cards made. None of which are anything that I had ever thought of. Becoming someone with a big-ish title had never crossed my mind. I don't even know exactly what I want to be when I "grow up". But how did this happen?

I suppose it all happened because I was open to what the Lord had for me. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention and I fell down the bunny hole. Does this mean I get to go on a wild adventure lead by Johnny Depp like Alice in Wonderland? No, I don't think Johnny Depp will be making any guest appearances in this portion of my life story.

But, as we are working on our research for what we need to fill out and the requirements we need to fulfill, we are beginning to see just how big of an operation we are looking at. It is becoming apparent that the possibilities are nearly endless. I am amazed... excited... and humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment