Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Current Adventure 2

I did not want to overload any of my readers about my current adventure all in one post so in effect this is part two of "My Current Adventure".

To recap for anyone randomly picking up this blog: I have found myself involved in the beginnings of making a non-profit with my best friend, Jenny. She is clearly the brains of the operation. She is the one who got this all started.

Here is the "short version".

Jenny is the world biggest Coupon Queen when it comes to figuring out how to get hygiene type products for practically nothing. I am still not sure how she does it. But she makes me look silly for getting excited about saving 40 cents off my laundry soap. Instead of saving 40 cents on a product she is more likely to pay only 40 cents on a product, and most often she is grumbling about paying the 40 cents. Most of the products we purchase, it is more likely that we will be paid back for the product. If any of you are as bad at math as I am, you can still imagine this a really good deal.  

Just for example. This morning she sent me a text message telling me that in her Sunday morning shopping she was able to get a ton of toothbrushes for nothing, and in return was basically paid $200 by RiteAid for her purchase. We do all of our shopping at RiteAid. Until she started doing the couponing I NEVER purchased anything from RiteAid except my occasional prescription and maybe a candy bar as an impulse item on my way out. But, somehow with her amazing super-human couponing skills, the Plus-Up rewards program, and rebates, our products come out to being nearly nothing. It makes it possible for us to spend $100 out of pocket on any given Sunday, and get over $1000 (sometimes it is closer to $2000) worth of product. Jenny is someone who cannot resist a good deal, and especially when the manufacturer is going to essentially pay you for your purchase. Who would not take advantage of it.

So as you can imagine with taking advantage of these amazing deals, it quickly became a problem finding something to do with it all.  So what do we do with all this product? Well, that is what we all started asking ourselves once Jenny, the mastermind of the operation, figured out this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment